As Founders ourselves, we understand that fundraising is hard.
If you’ve made it this far, know that we see you, and we are so glad you are here. As a part of our commitment to empathy in the fundraising process, we want to give you a quick overview of our timeline and deal flow process so you know exactly what to expect and when. Remember, we want you to be good at your game, not ours.
The form linked below is the only way to submit for potential funding (that’s right, we don’t do warm intros) and will take you about 7 minutes to complete. Everything you will need for your submission is detailed below, so gather all the required assets and tell us about your amazing company!
Here’s What to Expect:
We aim to make the investment decision within 4 weeks from the moment a submission is received and all submissions will be considered using the following process:
- Theses Assessment: The first screen we apply is our Investment Theses.
- Companies Generating Impact at Scale Represent One of the Biggest Investment Opportunities in VC. These are founders webbing Good into their business models while building giant companies (these founders can be anybody).
- Overlooking Companies Led by Women & Historically Excluded Founders is VC's Biggest Recurring Investment Error. These are founders who can see TAMs missed by others because of who they uniquely are (though these need not be a pure Impact plays).
- Assigning a Champion: Your submission is received by our team and assigned to a Champion. The Champion will perform an initial assessment, gather notes, and present recommendations at our next Review Meeting.
- The Intro Meeting: After our Review Meeting, we’ll ask you to schedule a 30-minute review with your Champion.
- The Deep Dive: If we see alignment with your team, market opportunity, timing, and product market fit, your Champion will invite you to a deep dive conversation (or two).
- Meet the Partners: Next you’ll have an opportunity to share and discuss your company, team, and product with more of our Partners.
- The Decision: Finally, we will make a decision as to whether or not to offer a Term Sheet and potentially enter into formal Due Diligence! We’ll provide you with more information on what’s needed when you make it to this stage.
- If We Don’t Invest: If at any point in this process we decide not to invest, we will do all we can to create value for you through connections to others, insights we feel we have to help you make progress, etc. We recognize that we don’t have all the answers, but our hope is that you will take our feedback and implement it in a way that’s authentic to you and your journey. Please always keep us informed about your progress (add us to your monthly updates), and reach out again if and when you think the time is right (if we don’t beat you to it!).
How To Prepare:
Here’s what you should prepare for each stage of the process.
Required Items (Please gather before applying)
- Your name, contact info, and LinkedIn profile link
- The name of your company and its location
- The problem you are solving and how you approach it
- The current stage of your solution
- Your business model and how you acquire customers
- Your pitch deck (either upload or provide a DocSend link)
- Your 2021 and projected 2022-2023 revenues
- Information about your fundraising (stage, amount, valuation, etc.)
- What you want in a funding partner other than $$
Nice-to-Have Items (Optional)
- Your company website (if you have one)
- A link to a recorded video pitch (e.g., YouTube or Loom)
Sample topics of conversation throughout the decision making process: